"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke." - Steve Martin

Friday, April 29, 2005

Daily Showering Tip (4/29/05)...

You've probably overheard people say (and you've probably said it yourself), "I'm going to go jump in the shower." Well, it's a ridiculous statement because nobody actually "jumps" in the shower. That's inviting a serious injury. It usually just means they're going to take a rather quick shower. To avoid confusion, people should simply say, "I'm going to take a shower."

Actually, now that I think about, that's not right either. I mean, if you "take a shower", where do you then put it? How about, "I'm going to go stand under the shower." No, that doesn't work because "under the shower" is literally the first floor, basement or crawl space. Makes no sense. OK, how about, "I'm going to go stand nude under the warm water that sprays out of the shower head." Yeah, that's good. Everybody say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home