"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke." - Steve Martin

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ideas for the opening line of a new novel...

They call it...Monkey Road.

"Hand me my gun, Barbara."

Rose didn't like the idea of anal sex very much, but she did it nonetheless.

Klinklebor wiped the space dust from the Zirconic lenses of his facepiece and knew right away that this would be a long space day.

Usually, stumbling upon an angry bullfrog isn't cause for alarm, but this day would prove to be different.

His face was rough and his bourbon smooth, and his trigger finger could only be described as itchy.

Rose didn't like the idea of double penetration very much, but she did it nonetheless.

Heads turned in the forward church pews as Hubert directed both visible and audible anger at his ill-fitting slacks.

Call me she-male.

"Chop chop, Anoria, we'll be late for tea!" barked Auntie Guenevere.

When soap gets in your eyes, everybody cries - except Gunnery Sergeant Max Flagstone.

As the strengthening sun refracted its brilliance in the dewy grass, a thunderous fart echoed across the Irish countryside.

Rose didn't like the idea of autoerotic asphyxiation very much, but she did it nonetheless.

As his father briefly convulsed, then sighed and exhaled his last breath on that chilly November eve, 9-year-old Henry knew that it would be up to him to save the family funnel cake business from bankruptcy.

Standing in front of a broken urinal, penis in hand, Jenkins couldn't help but laugh at the irony.

The verdict rang out to the packed courtroom like a church bell on Easter Sunday. Guilty, one count, accessory to loitering.

Sister Roberta didn't know why she liked to eat Lucky Charms for breakfast, nor did she care.

It's always hard when a grandparent contracts a venereal disease.

The steady tick of the clock reassured the malignant spirit that time was relentless and knew not of good nor evil.

We all wanted to eat the hampsters, but they were just too difficult to catch.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would someone put spam in the comments section of a blog? I mean I went to the site and it's really awesome, everyone should try it, but still. Seems odd.

5:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I too, would like your permission to come back to this free and open site and tell a friend. I must have missed the bouncer the first time I checked it out. Good thing. I didn't have my ID.
Also, JJ, with your permission I'd like to check out espn.com as well and maybe share that site with a few people.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Tony said...

This blog is only open to jerks and lesbians.

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That French kissing website is SOMETHING ELSE. I'm going to spend the rest of the day practicing kissing in my head, as it suggests. PS I agree that you did a great job on the design of this blog!!! Keep up the good work!!!! ~ have a nice day.

3:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beginning of my book:
"Perhaps the most unexpected loanword is 'sweater', from the Quechua word 'chompa', meaning 'a loose, outer jacket'."

It's gonna be an awesome book.

Click on the link below to visit the site
Pay for Dish Network.

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Tony said...

I like it. It's borrowed, but I like it.

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O_o How did you know?

OK... how about this:

"Hello. My name is Hatshepsut. I was the very first woman pharaoh in Ancient Egyptian History. I was born in 1520 B.C, and I died at the age of 37 in 1483 B.C"

Definitely not borrowed... Google's broken today, so just believe me.

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home